Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The layered look

I often layer my clothes.  I like sheer whimsical layers under tops....I think it's the same thinking where I am sure I am tall and thin when I wear a long necklace.  The longer layer makes me feel taller.

I think it also accounts for my current love affair with long necklaces.  I like to layer those too.  Since I wear a lot of black and I have a lot of silver jewelry, I can come up with quite a few combinations that work well together.

My usual go to is Romantica Revisited


After that I wear whatever other silver necklaces seem to strike my fancy at the moment.  A really good way to accomplish this is to make yourself one or two necklaces and a bunch of pendants that can be worn on any of them.

You can't see it that well here, but this simple silver right angle weave chain that a touch of whimsy is suspended from gets pressed into action for many different pendants.



And the pearl and 2mm crystal spiral necklace gets used over and over for different pieces of beadwork.  This is when it's helpful to be stuck in a neutral color rut.....everything goes!


Do you ever wear more than one necklace at a time?  If not, you may want to give it a try, it's fun!




No comments: