Friday, March 22, 2013

Planning vacation!

It's probably been said before, but I love Seattle, and so I am in the throes of planning a summer vacation there.  Last year we spent almost three weeks and it was heavenly!  This year I am going to tack on a few days to the end of my Fusion Beads teaching engagement (August 15-18) and rent a small apartment in the city.

I'm going to teach Simply Elegant earrings on Thursday night.  If you have been wanting to learn cubic right angle weave, these are a great project for that.  The pearls and crystals make the structure easy to see.


I'll also teach Pacific Morning Glory, Cassandra and Crystal Collage.  It will be really fun to teach crystal collage without a kit and see all the wonderful colors that people create with.  This version is one of my all time favorites, but I always love to see it done in different colorways.  I've taught it at Bead and Button for many years and it's always a crowd pleaser.  People are often surprised how dainty it is in person, much more demure then it looks, it is only about 3 1/2 inches across and wears beautifully inside a shirt color in the vee neck of a colorful shirt.




A dear friend will join me in Seattle and we'll traipse around the city making sure to see the Chihuly exhibit and ferry over to Bainbridge island for a trip to Church Mouse Yarns and Teas (doesn't that sound exceptionally charming?) and generally relax into the time together.


Given the master class preparation that is underway now, alongside the writing of the third book 'The Bead Within' I suspect I will thoroughly enjoy some foot loose and fancy free time!

1 comment:

The bad Liz said...

Wonderful! I haven't explored there as much as I would like!