Friday, May 27, 2011

Display

It's one of the hardest things for me. If the show were nearby and I was taking a car display would be much easier. But when you travel by plane or ship your things ahead, adding to the already heavy load is tough.

I've been staging to see what works. You would think after many years of attending shows I would have this down. But unfortunately no....Although based on a suggestion from my friend Val, I have decided to arrange per color this year and not by style. And while we are on the topic of Val, she's having a giveaway of her adorable pin cushions so you may want to head over there and have a look.

Some simple earring holders make a nice hanger for small necklaces



and this acrylic hand works well to add some interest to a bracelet.



I think I will need one more trip to the fixture store, and then some work with cardboard boxes that will be taped together at the show, light and compact but lending height and interest to the table. They will be edged with black corrugated cardboard, also easy to travel with and topped with fabric covered foam core.

Just a few more days until Bead and Button 2011!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bracelet in the hand is worth two in the bush?? LOL, only teasin, I think it looks really nice! Wish I wasn't stuck on the east coast, would love to attend!

NoNa9 said...

Fantásticos colgantes! Haces unos trabajos maravillosos.

coolmoon said...

I, too, am struggling with displays for a show right now. Want to make a statement without having to drag all of the bells and whistles. I'm going with a yellow and (of course) purple theme, adding a small scrolly garden table that I can hang things on (new-no garden gunk), and lots of light. I know you have to ship yours, though, so the garden table would probably be out of the question! Have fun. One of these years I'll be able to do Bead and Button....