Saturday, December 11, 2010

True friends in Tiara's

Update - Sadly not being impulsive has it's downside....I took the measurements, was clear it was the right purchase, drove back to the Urban Barn never thinking that in one half day the piece I wanted would belong to someone else, sigh....

Well I dont have a picture, but I did have a fabulous outing yesterday up to the Urban Barn in Escondido. It's a shabby chic sort of space with a few industrial galvanized metal pieces, and some odd bits of bric or brac.

The four of us each found some thing to catch our fancy, including some quite fun tiaras which we naturally tried on and then made a scene taking pictures of one another.

I fell in love with this armoire,



which Judy photographed for me. I deem it the perfect addition to the guest room. I can see it holding linens, little bottles of goodness, scented candles and of course tea and chocolates for my guests. Mark never quite seems to catch on to the evolution of decor. His input was you already have a cabinet in that room. And he would be right, but this is a better cabinet, one with personality. I would have brought it home but in an attempt to not be impulsive (and the fact that it wouldn't fit with 3 other passengers) I took measurements and am pondering. The cabinet that is currently there will make a great addition to linen storage in the downstairs bathroom.....

4 comments:

kate mckinnon said...

It's admirable to be happy with one cabinet for an entire lifetime, like Mark, but you and I simply aren't wired that way.

I adore that white cabinet! And it would be PERFECT in your guest room! It's just ideal!

Arlenesfelt said...

Gotta say I'm with Kate on this one. We are the same. Oh, once in a while we lament a long gone treasure, but if we had kept everything !!.......................

We find that living with different things, and in different places,suits us. Just the way we are wired as the lady said.

Arlenesfelt said...

Oh right, the cabinet. It's charming and I can picture it settling in perfectly up there!

Pepita said...

Have the store order another one!