Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lampwork in Tasmania

On Sunday I introduced you to Jemma





who made these beautiful beads which I bought at Salamanca Market.





Today Jane took me to Franklin where Jemma's dad Richard has a glass studio where both he and Jemma were making glass.

Richard's studio was full of really unique perfume bottles





but also
all manner of whimsical animals






and fanciful glass





It was a treat to spend time there. If there was any way at all I thought I could have gotten this home I would have!

I'm back in Melbourne now enjoying the company of Joanne, the President of the Bead Society of Victoria. It turns out we have our Information Technology backgrounds in common. It's been a nice visit, both with Joanne and Daisy the resident cat.

5 comments:

Arlenesfelt said...

Have you had a chance to contact Joni??

The bad Liz said...

I love all the updates of your trip. Looks like you are having a wonderful time!

LoriF said...

Wonderful glass pieces! Thanks for the pictures.

Bianca Velder said...

Richard is a legend, I own one of his little bottles, it is magic. Glad you are gettign some creative input in Oz.

Anonymous said...

Dear Marcia. Jemma just showed me your blog, what a hoot! It was lovely to meet you and hope you had a good stay in Tas and the rest of your trip was fun.I clicked on RICHARD and the summer hill gallery site came up which is weird as I thought that was dead and burried, I have not delt with him for around 9 years and was surprised to see it still there , my real site is www.richardclements.com.Anyway until next time , Kind Regards , Richard