Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hobart

Trippen shoes, handmade in Germany, comfort and style, although I'm pretty sure my daughters would disagree, I love them...


I travelled to Hobart this morning, making good progress on the Cashmere baby sweater. The views here are amazing. The sunlight is pure, the climate is temperate, and there is a gentle breeze. It's very San Diego like in fact.


Here's an apricot tree on Janes property


and the view from her front yard. A view is expansive in so many ways, I find my mind expands with the view. There is rain in the forecast and I was hoping to witness a storm from these windows, but apparently Tasmania has about the same amount of weather drama as San Diego, so what I will get is some drizzly rain. Oh well, I'm sure it will be a cozy pleasant evening.


Oh and here's Little Hoot hanging out in a tree enjoying the weather....



Tomorrow is the first day of class!

9 comments:

kate mckinnon said...

Those are about the most beautiful shoes I have ever SEEN! Do you know the style name?

Valerie said...

I do love those shoes, Marcia, but I think I love Little Hoot in the trees even more :o) I hope you are well, and not missing us in SD too much.
x, Val

Marcia DeCoster said...

Thanks Val, I am having a delightful time, but of course I miss you girls!

Marcia DeCoster said...

I know Kate, the leather is exquisite, the footbed molds to your foot, and they were comfortable from the first minute. I could stand in these all day, well tomorrow I'll let you know how that goes because I will. I don't know a style number, but if pass the store again in Melbourne I will check in with Tim and ask. And! the laces are replaceable with a provided pair of elastic laces in the same color for step in and step out, no tying required....options.

kate mckinnon said...

Oh, excellent!

fineline said...

This site carries Trippin shoes, http://www.pedshoes.com

Arlenesfelt said...

Actually better than San Diego at the moment. Sounds like a beautiful spot.
p.s. love the shoes!

LoriF said...

The shoes are great!....and :-) you're starting to talk with an Oz accent!
(I always pick it up too)

AJ said...

I am totally in envy of those shoes... AND your trip to Australia :) I love to follow your travels via your blog!