Sunday, September 19, 2010

Artwalk

I decided to take the day to experience art at Coronado's artwalk. This was a beautiful venue on the bay side of Coronado at the ferry landing. The weather was picture perfect, with clear skies, a nice breeze and mild temperatures.

I met friends on the ferry ride over, and together we perused the artists booths. First up was my friend Val whose space was really made beautiful by her wonderful artwork and the artful arrangements. Val's specialty is needle felting together with recycled wool. Her work is always finished so beautifully, inside and out.

Look at the car fabric on her top,



and the scooter fabric on the backpack.



The backpack is a work of art and I am pretty sure I need one.

On the way over I ran into Heather who let me know that Cindy Teyro would be there with her teapots, but also her new face collection.....This one came home with me to live in the studio.



There was no way to resist that darling face and those dangling crystals.

Mark and I strolled along the bay and had a sushi lunch at the fish market. It was an excellent day!

4 comments:

abeadlady said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Love the face, too.
You were on many people's minds today at our Bead Show. We talked about the Retreat and the new class you and Liz will be teaching.

Arline

Valerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...

Marcia, Thank you for this wonderful post! Though that backpack sold, I know a Scooter Backpack will be in your very near future!
x, Val

Marcia DeCoster said...

do you see that folks? She said it here....I get to have a Scooter Backpack! You don't know how much that excites me!