Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rings of Saturn is Ten!

Rings of Saturn graced the cover of the 18 month calendar 2001 a Bead Odyssey.



But the piece was designed and taught in the year 2000. At the time I was bead partners with Linda and together we became MarLin beads. Those were our early early days of teaching.

Now ten years later Rings of Saturn remains a favorite, with the rings revolving around the center core.


I decided it was time for an update. I think quite possibly my skills and color sense have improved in ten years. I am doing a silver and gold, ten year anniversary, special edition Rings of Saturn.


When it is complete I will offer the Rings of Saturn Special Edition Kit!

8 comments:

The bad Liz said...

This is going to be stunning when it's done...You might be inspiring me to make my third ROS! Congratulations on a stunning anniversary piece...

Nancy said...

Can't wait - my favorite sparkly colors. Count me in on this kit.
Blessings,
Nancy

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

wow!!!! beautiful!!!!!!!!

Try-to-be-better said...

This will be absolutely gorgeous!!!!!
Greetings
Sabine

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my...I may have to ask you to reserve one of those kits for yours truly! It's going to be absolutely stunning!

Mikki said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations on the 10 year anniversary...quite a milestone and tribute to a great design....and designer.

Rebecca said...

OOH...exciting! I love the samples so far - Liz is right, it will be stunning! I remember this design well, such a striking one and so very 'you' or at least it appears so to me!

Nancy said...

I WANT
ONE TOO!!!
It's gorgeous.
nancy