Thursday, August 5, 2010

Off to teach!

I'm off to the Central California Bead Society's annual retreat, this one in Oakhurst (near Yosemite) I'm teaching Descending Nights on Friday



and Aberge or Portico on Saturday and Sunday.

It's not that I don't know which one, it's that I offered a choice. Both are part of the diamond and ellipse series and Aberge requires just a tad more, shall we say focus, then portico. Eight people have chosen 'focus' and 12 have chosen Portico....



In Aberge, the tip of one ellipse becomes the interior of the next which just requires some due diligence to insure all beads are in their proper place.

I'll leave from Oakhurst for a trip to Santa Cruz, visiting with friends and family, including MsRachel. I'll walk on West Cliff, shop at Sock Shop Santa Cruz and Annie Glass and eat at Mobo Sushi.

On Friday I'll meet Susan my Beading by the Bay partner and owner of the Beading Frenzy and we'll travel up to the American Craft Council show at Fort Mason in San Francisco. Both Maggie Meister and Rachel Nelson Smith will have their amazing beadwork there.

And on Saturday I finish up by teaching Aurelia (it's teaching debut!) at The Beading Frenzy in San Mateo.

It's going to be a grand week!

5 comments:

abeadlady said...

Packing my bags for the Retreat today. Everyone is looking forward to seeing you and taking your classes this weekend. Hope the rest of your week is great!

Lisa said...

I'm jealous!

Jo Ferguson said...

Wow I love both those designs, would love to do those classes. Do you have any plans to come to Australia?

The bad Liz said...

Travel safe - hope all goes well!

Pretty Things said...

Those are utterly amazing!