Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Shopping!

You may remember the visual shopping list, and I do have one this year, but occasionally I stray from the list for personal pleasure, and such was the case today at the Best Bead Show.



I ran into Joyce Rooks and Kate McKinnon, side by side and then I had a love affair with this heart.....Besides the fact that it is bright and fun and whimsical and exquisite, I love that it is a piece of artwork all by itself. I can adorn the studio with no thoughts of using it further. Unlike the rest of my lampwork collection which sometimes calls to me to design a piece of jewelry fitting for it's beauty.





And then......I have a reasonably, ok, possibly embarrassingly large collection of Kate McKinnon's rings. They always speak to me, but I was going to resist, until! Well can you see how it matches Queen Anne's Lace bracelet and that I really had no choice. I'm going out on a limb saying that is a Sarah Moran bead because I didn't confirm that, so I hope I'm right....Kate? (A check of Sarah's site seems to indicate I am correct)






More photos tomorrow, I have one of Betcey, Beyond Beadery wearing a Queen Anne's Lace, with her own bezeled fancy stone clasp, beautiful!

2 comments:

kate mckinnon said...

That is indeed a Sarah Moran bead! It's one of the rings from the new book (you have an eye for those special pieces) and from a set of beads that she sent me to play with.

I can't believe how perfect the ring and the bracelet are together!

The bad Liz said...

Looks like you are having a blast!! The ring is wonderful!