Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bitter Root and Skydiving

Bitter Root and Skydiving, What is the relationship.......I have a friend who is skydiving today, with her entire family, which means there are four people who at least not so terrified as to not do this thing.....what am I doing, sitting on the couch and knitting Bitter Root.

I've shamelessly lifted this image off SwellKnits blogpost.....


mine is equally beautiful, but not quite so far along. Mine is an deep aqua/purple variegated yarn. And it is a beautiful knit.

But the whole knitting vs sky diving question kind of got me to thinking. I admire someone who enjoys life with such fullness (not mind you that beading and knitting can't provide a full life, it does) but I have visions of being that person who would skydive. I like the image of being that kind of adventurer.

But in reality I am an armchair adventurer. I love to read books extreme adventure books(One Man's Dream, One Woman's Nightmare) The title pretty much sums it up for me, but the difference is the woman in the book actually did it. I enjoyed the experience as long as I was in my armchair, dog snuggled next to me, plenty of heat and a good glass of wine, but doing it, no way. I also don't like to ski downhill, fast and out of control, not really an extreme sports kind of gal.

Now Extreme beading, that I can get behind. This piece named Hawaii is one of Suzanne Golden's amazing pieces.



And this one is Rachel's



What's your extreme pleasure?

6 comments:

abeadlady said...

Rachel must be snowblind even with all the eyeballs after finishing that one. LOL.
I'm with you, Marcia. I'd much rather read about adventures than do them myself. Beading and grandsons provide enough adventure for me.

Maryanne said...

I'm with you, Marcia. No extreme active adventures for me. Extreme fiber or beadart is more my speed!
Love the photos of the beadart. That's extreme I can get behind!!

Azure Accessories said...

Wow...gorgeous pieces...
I'm not that happy about flying, I do it because I want to travel... never mind sky diving!!!

Cheers

coolmoon said...

My extreme pleasure is taking a bead project from idea to completion on my own and having it turn out even better than I'd hoped.
Happy beading!

Rachel Nelson-Smith said...

I enjoy driving in windy, rainy weather. Bending into wind strong enough to hold me up. Creating beaded pieces that go beyond reason. Driving a Jeep on a Hawaiian island with the top down. Riding a motorcycle. Getting up in the early morning is also a pretty extreme activity. Though I suppose it doesn't count for a "pleasure"... Fun question!

houston Kenna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.