Friday, October 30, 2009

Crystally Bits

Sandi asked 'Do you label your boxes so you know what color in case you need more?' And the answer is....



Not the boxes because I may reuse them and confuse myself. I take 5 of any new crystals, put then on some beading wire with crimps, use a small label and add it to a 3 ring binder ring. It's also easy to take them shopping with me this way.


For the seeds, I pour a few into a 2 x 3 ziplock, label with with color and price and hang them on the slatwall.




I love my little boxes for crystals and other sparkly goodies. I got mine at Creative Castle in Newbury Park, California.

5 comments:

sandi said...

thanks for sharing your techniques. Before I have written on my clear boxes with a permanent marker - it will wash off with rubbing alcohol. I did buy some though without writing down the color so the wire with crimps on a ring will be a great addition when I got shopping.

susanc said...

That is such a GREAT idea Marcia!

Try-to-be-better said...

This looks very "inviting to bead"! I guess the most important thing for me is to see as much as possible of my beads, to see the "possibilities" if you start a new project.... but still there is too much chaos in my system.....

Mikki said...

Oh...this is so smart! I love the headpin and ring idea....I always forget what colors I have when I go shopping and end up with duplicates. Thank you!

abeadlady said...

Definitely going to borrow the crystal idea for shopping. Maybe I will quit duplicating beads then. LOL