Thursday, September 10, 2009

Book Signing!

I'll be signing Marcia DeCoster's Beaded Opulence at the Grove, in South Park San Diego this Sunday, Sept 13th, from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. So if you live in or near San Diego and would like a copy of the book, I have them! And I'll sign it and give you the bonus 'Doing Business' pattern.

Many of the actual book pieces will be there for your viewing pleasure so if you're curious about a piece come have a look.

Also at the Grove, beads, seed beads AND Crystal! Lot's of crystal, I do like my sparkle.



Susan co-owner of the Grove and supplier of beautiful yarns has been endeared to the beads as well and will be teaching a free stitch marker class at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday Sept 12th before Saturday's Clapotis knit along. If you don't know Clapotis, it is a viral knit, made popular by knitty.com and knit by about a million people. I was quite sure I wasn't going to be one of the million, but....ahem, I bought the yarn last week. Assured by my knitterly friends that it was a hugely fun knit and I really did need to own one (I am my own person, I am my own person.....) I am a lover of nice tools and nice stitch markers, pretty little sparkly ones, well it makes for happy knitting.

And Sept 20th from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Susan will be teaching the wonderful Medici Drop earrings from the book.


You must own a copy of the book (available at the Grove) and purchase your parts at the Grove, but the class will be free! So come make a pair or two. Samples will be at the Grove this week so you can choose a variation that suits you. You'll be amazed at how quickly they make up and how impressed your friends will be with your talent. And might I add, they make a sensational gift!

1 comment:

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Oooo - fun hot colors! Hope your fingers are limbered up!