Saturday, July 4, 2009

22 years of love

We were engaged in Guadalajara in the summer of 1986 and married on July 4th 1987 22 years ago.



We played Whitney Houston and our three children ages 7, 9 and 10 joined us.

I'll hold you, and touch you
And make you my woman
And give you my love with sweet surrender
Tonight our hearts will beat as one
And I will hold you, touch you
And make you my woman tonight

There's something in your eyes I see
A pure and simple honesty

Hold me in your arms tonight
Fill my life with pleasure
Let's not waste this precious time
This moment's ours to treasure
Hold me in your arms tonight
We'll make it last forever
When the morning sun appears
We'll find our way together

I believe you when you say that you love me
Know that I won't take you for granted
Tonight the magic has begun
So won't you hold me, touch me
Make me your woman tonight

There's something in your eyes I see
I won't betray your trust in me

I'll hold you
And touch you
And make you my woman (make me your woman) tonight .


I was in love then and I'm in love now

In two weeks we celebrate our daughters wedding and I wish for her all the same happiness I've had. And I'm betting she's not playing Whitney Houston!

3 comments:

Bead-Mused said...

Happy anniversary! And best wishes to your daughter on her upcoming celebration!!

Carol Dean Sharpe said...

Congratulations on 22 years of marriage! I can't think of a greater gift for life to give us than a partner we can grow with ;)

Beverly Herman said...

Happy Anniversary to the both of you. We just celebrated our 20th.
It is so wonderful to hear the love for each other in your post. Blessing and best wishes for your daughter on her wedding.