Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Diamonds are Forever

A little peak of the new Beadwork project




I said it was little....This one will be in the December/January issue of Beadwork. This is the final in the year long series that I've done for Beadwork this year. Thanks to Melinda and Marlene for having me! Previously submitted, Beadwork readers still get to enjoy Aug/Sept, a pretty pearl necklace and bezeled triangular rivoli. Oct/Nov is a gathered fabric cuff with stunning square Swarovski sequins, and Dec/Jan, (sneak peak above is a crystal encrusted bracelet).


I enjoyed the process, the challenge, and being on the cover! Now I need to turn my design energies towards my teaching schedule. I have a new necklace in mind that I'll be working on while vacationing next week. I find new designs have a tendency to show up when I'm most relaxed without the pressures of all that needs doing in my home/studio environment.


It's June 30th and June gloom may be officially over, since I woke up to an actual sunrise out of my east facing bedroom window.



The view from my west facing studio, still a bit gloomy.

6 comments:

swellknits said...

Thank you for sharing another opulent piece! Love how you connected the medallions and the rich colors you chose.

Katie said...

Ooh...Can't wait to see the rest of it :o) I always love the sparkly pretties that you come up with!

Bead-Mused said...

Gorgeous, as always. If you have any extra rain, send it this way PLEASE!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I am so glad that I subscribe to BW. Thanks for getting the drool going with your tiny snippet!!

Beverly Ash Gilbert said...

Gorgeous colors on your new sparkly! Have fun relaxing and creating. Though I find that those wonderful new project brainstorms also come 2 days before all of the proposals are due!

flyingbeader said...

wow, I think you can officially be titled the Queen of Bling! I'm going to have to look for that issue.

dot