Thursday, February 26, 2009

I love my tools

I've always enjoyed nice tools, and I've accumulated a set that I enjoy....

I adore my gingher leopard spot scissors




and my needle case, made for me by Rachel Nelson Smith (I made her socks with beads in the cuff, hot pink)



and my cupcake spoon, acquired in Tucson last year, cupcake by Ellie Mac



and my pincushion, scrap collector



and my new gram scale....great for weighing beads. It's so adorable, compact, weighs to the tenth of a gram and if you enter the price per unit it calculates the cost of the weighed item. I don't need that feature, but it's nice that it's there.



I love a tool that is both functional and attractive. It makes the work so much more visually stimulating, and I'm all about the visual.

2 comments:

Andrew Thornton said...

I just got a set of Lindstrom pliers and I'm a smitten kitten! They've grown into my fingertips and are now extensions of my own hands. :-)

Marcia DeCoster said...

smitten kitten makes me giggle out loud.

I too have pliers,lindstrom even, you know for that rare occassion when I need to open an earwire or something....not to much pliering in my seed bead world...I hope to change that someday