Monday, January 19, 2009

A Peek at the Studio or....

Things that make me incredibly happy to be home!

Crystals!



My funny Birds


Beads!


Beads!


And Beads!



On the Book Front....


The title is 'Marcia DeCoster's Beaded Opulence, Elegant Projects with Right Angle Weave' has kind of a nice ring to it!

The book proof is here and I need to proof it. I did all of the illustration for the book and during the first tech edit, done by the multi-talented Jean Campbell, some illustrations were revised. I need to update my composite project illustrations with the revised ones so I can effectively determine if all of the correct illustrations made it to the book.

All of my projects will be returned to me in tomorrows UPS shipment minus a few that were sold. It will be nice to have them in my possession again, I've missed them.

The date for release is September of this year which right now seems like an incredibly long wait, but I'm sure will come before I know it.
Now off to begin proof reading....

2 comments:

The bad Liz said...

I'm glad that you made it home safe to CA. Please send some warmth up to Michigan as it's been a cold January so far.

September can't come quickly enough to see your book. I'm very excited for you.

p.s. My best proof reading happens when I read the words backwards. Although with a book, it would take a long time.....

Jean Campbell said...

It's going to be a gorgeous book, Marcia! You are truly one of the great talents in the beading kingdom. I'm so lucky I got to work with you on this!